Home Forums Talking ’bout my baby NEW Fatboy slim mix album

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Thanks Darko and Big Beat for telling me about the mix. It’s good to see his mixes of Washing Up (which is funnily enough on the BPA LP vinyl edition), and his Lazy mash-up getting proper releases.

Dance Bitch at discogs
        http://www.discogs.com/Fatboy-Slim-Dance-Bitch/release/1665422

I guess track ‘Gorillaz – Dare’ is DFA remix, which is played by Norman at his summer Ibiza set ?

Its not a bad album but not really a Fatboy Slim compelation album i find that some of the songs are of the southern fried label to promote the BPA album some of the tune are from his tour recently.

I dont think norman is try to be like herve i think he just likes the sound the whole b-boy 80s beat with a hint of acid house that he started djing to.
          And if you can remember norman said that ”dance music was on its arse and it needs a new sound” well i think this is the sound that norman likes Electro Fidget House and which he relates to from his early days 80,s Breakbeat days

i will give this album
          7/10

It’s a decent cd to stick in the car, it just doesn’t have that big beat excitement (if you know what I mean?) :good:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who wasn’t blown away by the mix, I have had it on loop in the background at work though and it does grow on you…It still isn’t as…progressive as other Fatboy mixes.

The Essential Millennium mix for instance, starts with some obscure tunes and little-known classics in the making, goes through the massive big beat tunes of the era and ends with a full on hands-in-the-air ‘Born Slippy’ moment…

Similarily with the Beach gigs, they both build to full on drunken hysteria by the end and then play out with the obligatory Fatboy Singalong…

This doesn’t…

Maybe he’s evolving as a DJ, moving away from the party animal and into the more serious Dance Music Pioneer that he used to be, back in the day when the Boutique opened…who know more about ‘decent’ dance music than Norm eh?

I swear if he tries to turn into Zabiella or those bloody Swedish House Mafioso I’ll shoot myself though!

:suicide:

lol

Participant

Just have the cd in my hand..and in my ears

Good compilation.. nothing more nothing less.

the only choking point is the back cover (underline by darko) it’s look like a copy bootleg with no full name :blink:

Just got my own copy, and all i wanna say is that this is just like Norman’s another live set, even with his “not the best mixing”. Anyway, i’m gonna love it and listen to it all day long, you know =)

So, what should be fixed at the totally screwed up tracklist ?

‘John Aquaviva – First Stroke’ artist is Swen Weber
                  ‘Santogold – Lights Out (Herve Remix)’ is Kid Gloves Remix
                  ‘Herve – Cheap Thrills’ is Detboi Remix
                  ‘Aquasky – It Will Knock You Out’ is ‘Black Noise – Knock You Out’
                  ‘Aquasky – Have A Good Time’ is Count of Monte Cristal Sinden Remix
                  ‘Chromeo – Fancy Footwork’ is Laidback Luke Mix
                  ‘Gorillaz – Dare’ is DFA Remix
                  ‘H Two O feat. Platnum – What’s It Gonna Be’ is Vandalism Remix

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.