Home Forums Wonderful Night Big Beach Boutique 4 Broadcasting On ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

yeah, we kind of enjoyed putting that one together….

Simon, I was standing not too far from you under the arches for most of the gig. Didn’t want to bother you, and come across as a complete random, lol.

Really??

Oh, you should of said Hello, I was quite drunk quite early (I can’t do daytime drinking!) as you might of guessed by the dancing you no doubt saw that I was doing with my missus, haha, so I would have probably been very friendly!!!

Yeah I know I should have, and regret not doing so now. I was on the typsy side myself, and dancing away (not a pretty sight at my age). I had my nephew with me, and everytime you passed us. I kept saying oh look there’s Simon, lol.

I obviously told him who you, are what you do etc:. I’m sure he thought I know too much info about this man, and I haven’t even met him, lol. I will deffinately say hello next time.

Infact, I think you appear in a couple of random crowd pic’s I have. We should have a wee spot Simon competition,lol

Just one comment, the visuals are not pre-planned as such, as they play off the laptop depending on what track Norm choose – the order and in fact the choice of tracks is NOT decided beforehand. Yes, on a night like that Norm is more likely to play a track that has a video attached to it BUT there is a fall back that if he plays a track that doesn’t have video assigned to it, then some random visuals kick in to keep the display going….

That clears a lot of things up for me anyway. Hopefully a lot of other people aswell. That will teach me for being so judgemental :D

Oh, and there was never a plan for norman to play an aftershow set at the C2 party. That’s a fact.

I was talking about the Pre-Party @ C2 on the Friday night Simon. Which I still can’t believe was emtpy. But I was happy enough to see Tom do a quick set to about 8 people, and ofcourse getting to meet Norman was a real buzz for me.

thanks FND for recording this set. unfortunately beside good start ( great Kidda – Under The Sun track ) it’s very disapointing, especially after hearing really nice space gig. let’s hope we will get more norman’s sets from clubs – despite great WMC 2007 set in last years he’s big crowd gigs are not his best ones :/

Dedicated to the FND’s Family :hello: … …& sorry for the adverts / jingles , i didn’t edit the whole of the set…say thanks to SouthernFM Grrrr :banghead:

Thanks a lot for download. :good: However, the ads are annoying. I guess I’ll have to process the file with mp3directcut.

Edit: I cut away three ads. See this mp3directcut project file:

file_beg=1860
              file_end=131928064
              file=C:fbs_live_BBB4_southernFM_27sep2008_www.normancook.info.mp3
              part_file=0
              part_filepos=1243199
              part_gainbeg=-40
              part_size=38661
              part_beg=0
              part_file=0
              part_filepos=1281860
              part_size=30540800
              part_beg=38661
              part_file=0
              part_filepos=35720652
              part_size=29827135
              part_beg=30579461
              part_file=0
              part_filepos=69616619
              part_size=33435168
              part_beg=60406596
              part_file=0
              part_filepos=107105991
              part_size=24822073
              part_beg=93841764
              gainend=0
              position=425273
              vbr=0

You may have to edit “file=” depending where you stored the mp3 file.

Where is the Scroobius Pip and Dan Le Sac part? Did they not play that on the radio for some reason? Wonder what other tracks were missed out.

Anyone?

you can listen again at http://www.southernfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=893300

its in four parts

enjoy
                  woka

you can listen again at http://www.southernfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=893300

its in four parts

enjoy
                    woka

the scroobius pip sample of ‘thou shalt not kill’ is definitely missed out of the fat boy set on the radio for some reason. maybe there was too much swearing in it or something but who knows.

the scroobius pip sample of ‘thou shalt not kill’ is definitely missed out of the fat boy set on the radio for some reason. maybe there was too much swearing in it or something but who knows.

The sample could be heard at the end of 2nd part, but for very couple of seconds (right after Two Doors Down track), and then it interrupts with ads break.
                      I guess it has been cut not for swearing but for advertisments of cocacola and nestle =)

Thanks guys, for the mix and the tracklist!
                        Not a bad set, but it’s just about the same as any other set of his from 2008.

Does anyone have “Sucker DJ’s – New York Style (Funk In The Punk) (Radio Edit)” ?
                          Share please =)

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.