Home Forums Wonderful Night Big Beach Boutique 4 Broadcasting On ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I took my two boys, 9 and 11, to see Fatbot Slim at O2 festival in London this year and they thought it was awesome!! The crowd was fantastic with them (even made a french kid cry ‘cos he was so happy to see kids there when we were in the tent listening to Underworld!)

They wanted to go to this one too but I said it was too packed (I think I was right!). Shame that the tracklisting looks exactly the same for this last weekend. I have downloaded it for them to listen to (so am happy about the censoring!).

Keep up the good work chaps. The kids and I LOVE IT!!!

Cheers

DjBex

:gig:

Eh up kiddiewinks ;) . That’s me just back from Brighton this morning. Just had a quick read through the posts. Well done François for the download, also Rory on the tracklisting (as always). Just a quick one on the tracklisting. Number 6, is called ‘Brighton By The Sea’, I think. It was accompanied by some great footage of Brighton & Hove Albion, beating Manchester City last week.

Track list for The BPA cd’s that were handed out is as follows.
        ‘Toe Jam’ Feat (we all know who)
        ‘Dirty Sheets’ Feat, Pete Quailty
        ‘Should I Stay or Sould I Blow’ Feat, Ashley Beadle.
        ‘Same As The Came’ feat Jamie T.
        ‘So Fuckt’ feat Lateef.
        ‘Electric Love.

The password for the download is ‘TAPES’ (I’m sure the powers that be don’t mind that being shared) Video is ‘Toe Jam’

Also go to http://www.theargus.co.uk for all the banter from Norman, and those who enjoyed themselves, and those who obviously didn’t.

Once I get a bit of sleep, I’ll let you all know what I thought of the weekend.

Participant

Thanks for the password Vambo :praise: :hello:

Thanks a lot! Tracks 3 and 6 are right up my street! :gig:

Thank Yoy so much for putting this up :hello:

The public enemy v white stripes tune blew the place away

Thank you Vambo. Hope you enjoyed the event!

That Electric Love-track is very pleasant!
                  I also love the new additions/mixing of Should I Stay etc.
                  Great promo tunes.

Thought I’d post these to give a feel for the day.

Danny Tenaglia and Layo & Bushwacka. By hyperdjita
                    [youtube:3ctwf28n]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tESuKHCW2W0[/youtube:3ctwf28n]

JFB & BeardyMan + Fatboy Slim (Start + Bits) By hyperdjita
                    [youtube:3ctwf28n]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CKPb65rK9OM[/youtube:3ctwf28n]

Kidda – Under the sun (Herve remix) By eliodp82
                    [youtube:3ctwf28n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9ecRVCm-s[/youtube:3ctwf28n]

much kudos :good:

bb

The public enemy v white stripes tune blew the place away

yeah, we kind of enjoyed putting that one together….

Simon, I was standing not too far from you under the arches for most of the gig. Didn’t want to bother you, and come across as a complete random, lol.

Now that I’ve had a bit of sleep etc; I’ll let you all know what I thought of BBB4.

Now, as is quite apparent from Normans set, it was pretty mush the same old, same old. With a wee tribute to B & H Albion, gubbing Man City, and the very brilliant ‘Rumble In Brighton’, by the Stray Cats. With great footage from the movie ‘Quadrophenia’. The ‘He’s Frank’ track was brilliant with Iggy Pop up on the Screen, looking as cool as always. We also got shots of Nornam wording the lyrics at times. As mentioned elswhere, the ‘Public Enemy v White Stripes’ tune blew the place away.

I yern for the days when Norman used to just use his vinyl & decks. Having a wee bit of clue what he was going to play before hand. But, usually just doing what ever came to mind, depending on how the crowd were at the time. Some would argue that he still does that,lol. But it’s certainly not the case. Not with all the pre planned visuals etc:

I’m not complaining here. I could watch Norman just play a track that is stuck on a scratch for hours. However, if I wanted to go, and watch a stage show when an artist does the same thing everytime they come on stage ?. Then I woud go to a theatre.

The location wasn’t the best (but where else could they have it ?), or more to the point it really could have been set up better. I was fortunate enough to have VIP for the day, thanks to a very good man I know. So the day was different for me, than all the people getting squashed out on Mederia Drive. The VIP area for watching the gig was under the Arches to the left hand side of the stage, I should say the not so VIP area,lol. People just jump over the barrier, so that took away from the vantage point that this location provided for the gig.

One more thing I’d like to add about the weekend. The BBB4 Pre Party @ C2 !!! the only people in there were myself and a few friends, plus some other people. No more than about 12 people. Now how shocking is that folks. Norman showed up ofcourse, after having a look at the set up for the stage etc: He was going to play a set (so I’m told). But, obvliously didn’t because of the few people that were there. What a shame eh !!!!. So the night finished early after Cagedbaby (the very good man), done a quick set.

Now, having read back on all of that. It all sounds a bit negative. I really don’t mean it to be. The weather was fantastic, the people were fantastic, the gig it’self was fantastic, Brighton is a fantastic place, with fantastic people.

If there is to be a BBB5 ??? Then let’s hope lessons are learned, and none of the easily rectified mistakes do not occur again. As for the man himself, he knows what too do :-)

Maybe next time, we should all get together go ???

I’ll post pic’s and vid’s when I get the time.

Simon, I was standing not too far from you under the arches for most of the gig. Didn’t want to bother you, and come across as a complete random, lol.

Really??

Oh, you should of said Hello, I was quite drunk quite early (I can’t do daytime drinking!) as you might of guessed by the dancing you no doubt saw that I was doing with my missus, haha, so I would have probably been very friendly!!!

Just one comment, the visuals are not pre-planned as such, as they play off the laptop depending on what track Norm choose – the order and in fact the choice of tracks is NOT decided beforehand. Yes, on a night like that Norm is more likely to play a track that has a video attached to it BUT there is a fall back that if he plays a track that doesn’t have video assigned to it, then some random visuals kick in to keep the display going….

Oh, and there was never a plan for norman to play an aftershow set at the C2 party. That’s a fact.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.